Hello. Hopefully this is the correct place for this question.
We have a large java application (22 sub-projects) that we used to generate with ant. Recently we switched to gradle for it’s build/cache performance. We were able to curtail the output of ANT so we could readily see compilation or check-style failures just by using the ant plugins. But now with gradle, we get so much output from the gradle lifecycle that we have to push our output to a file and search for the failures which is very time consuming.
I have tried to use “-q” but that is so quiet that it is hard to tell if anything is happening. And if you have more than 9 compilation failures, gradle will not output the failures, you need to do a full build again without -q.
So I am looking for a way to either:
- Limit the output such that only compilation issues are shown
- Or find a way to capture the compileJava task output to each sub-project folder and then dump that for easier tracking.
Thank you for all and any responses.