Is there a setting for build timeout?

In gradle 7.3, we are hitting an unexpected behavior, the build is apparently stuck, but when we look at daemon logs, it appears to be in an infinite loop with these messages:

2022-03-01T12:04:38.698-0800 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultFileLockManager] Waiting to acquire shared lock on daemon addresses registry.
2022-03-01T12:04:38.699-0800 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultFileLockManager] Lock acquired on daemon addresses registry.
2022-03-01T12:04:38.699-0800 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultFileLockManager] Releasing lock on daemon addresses registry.

There are 7 hours of this, it never timeout, it was necessary to kill the daemon, we found the issue was a wrong proxy configuration, we are wondering if there is a way to set build timeout? specifically when it is downloading dependencies from artifactory

I saw in the forum some references to internal properties, socketTimeout, connectionTimeout, but i was wondering if this is the only option.

Those logs afair are not an infinite loop, just a regular task that runs while the daemon is running or something like that. I’ve seen such logs too with hanging builds, but the messages themselves had no relation to the actual hanging reason. Getting a thread dump usually helped me to find the cause why the build is hanging.

Regarding the build timeout, no there is not, but there is this feature request you might want to thumbs-up and subscribe: Provide the ability to limit overall build time · Issue #5181 · gradle/gradle · GitHub
There are currently only task-level timeouts.