I’m new to Gradle and I’ve been struggling for a while to set-up a multi project configuration… yet without success.
one of the sub-project (sp1) is a java-library
a second sub-project (sp2) reuses an existing project which build system is described by
This project generates a .jar file, by assembling various components, including some
.jar files produced by sp1, that first have to be copied within the lib/ dir
of sp2, before running the appropriate (ant) task.
From the Gradle documentation, I have understood :
- that is is possible to declare dependencies between (sub) projects
- that it is possible to import a
build.xmlso that ant tasks could be run from Gradle command line
My idea is thus to :
- state that sp2 depends on sp1
- create a copy task to copy files from the sp1 to sp2/lib
- add a dependency to one of the ant task so that the copy task is executed before the ant task.
But I don’t understand how to add such a dependency to an existing ant task.
These are apparently managed in a different way with respect to ordinary Gradle tasks.
Any hint ?