IOException using maven2Gradle-generated gradle buildscripts


(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #1

I’m very excited and interested in the inucbated ‘maven2Gradle’ with Gradle 1.2.

I have a small maven multiproject I created some years ago and thought this could be a nice candidat to get converted to a Gradle build (something which I want to demonstrate with my collegues.).

The maven2Gradle on this multiproject ran without any problem.

But then I tried to do a compileJava with the generated sources, and saw Gradle ran in an IOException:

A problem occurred evaluating settings 'dpjwApp'.
> java.io.IOException: Die Syntax für den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die
Datenträgerbezeichnung ist falsch

Running it again with the --debug flag, I’ve got this:

14:02:03.217 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
14:02:03.217 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] FAILURE: Build failed w
ith an exception.
14:02:03.218 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
14:02:03.219 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] * Where:
14:02:03.219 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] Settings file 'C:\devpa
cks\dpjw\maven-prj\dpjwApp\settings.gradle' line: 4
14:02:03.219 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
14:02:03.220 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] * What went wrong:
14:02:03.220 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] A problem occurred eval
uating settings 'dpjwApp'.
14:02:03.220 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] > java.io.IOException:
Die Syntax f³r den Dateinamen, Verzeichnisnamen oder die Datentrõgerbezeichnung
ist falsch
14:02:03.248 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
14:02:03.249 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] * Exception is:
14:02:03.258 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] org.gradle.api.GradleSc
riptException: A problem occurred evaluating settings 'dpjwApp'.

And this is the content of the generated “settings.gradle”

ootProject.name = 'dpjwApp'
include ':dpjw-core', ':dpjw-client', ':dpjw-server', ':dpjw-web', ':dpjwApp-ear'
  project(':dpjw-core').projectDir = "$rootDir//C:/devpacks/dpjw/maven-prj/dpjw-core/" as File
project(':dpjw-client').projectDir = "$rootDir//C:/devpacks/dpjw/maven-prj/dpjw-client/" as File
project(':dpjw-server').projectDir = "$rootDir//C:/devpacks/dpjw/maven-prj/dpjw-server/" as File
project(':dpjw-web').projectDir = "$rootDir//C:/devpacks/dpjw/maven-prj/dpjw-web/" as File
project(':dpjwApp-ear').projectDir = "$rootDir//C:/devpacks/dpjw/maven-prj/dpjw-ear/" as File

I must admitt I never saw this syntax before.


(Szczepan Faber) #2

Thanks for the report. I see that the generated settings.gradle contains incorrect paths, “$rootDir//C:/devpacks…”. At this point you can manually fix the setting.gradle content to get it working. I’ll create a jira ticket so that we’ll fix this problem.