Invalid keystore format only in gradle

I’m not entirely sure that this is bug in gradle, so let me please ask this question here first but feel free to move it if you wish.
I wanted to upload my keystore but unfortunately new users can’t do it … so I had to place it here: https://ufile.io/p86xa

Anyway the problem is that I can sign my android app with this keystore using Android Studio (Build -> Generate Signed APK), so this keystore is valid. However when I’ve added following code to my app/build.gradle:

signingConfigs {
    release {
        storeFile file('platform.keystore')
        keyAlias 'platform'
        storePassword 'testpass'
        keyPassword 'testpass'
    }
}

buildTypes {
    release {
        minifyEnabled false
        proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.pro'

signingConfig signingConfigs.release
    }
}

and when I do:

./gradlew assembleRelease

I get:

Failed to read key platform from store "(...)/app/platform.keystore": Invalid keystore format

The alias and password are ok, there is no typo or something like that because as I said I’m able to sign the app from Android Studio with the same pass and alias.
I’m using gradle 4.5 but I don’t think this is relevant.

I’ve found root cause with help from stackoverflow:

The problem was with keytool used for generating keys (not gradle), and it was because although my default java was 8, my default keytool was from java 10 … When I’ve switched to keytool from java 8 everything started to work fine.