Intellij Idea plugin xml modifications dissapear when intellij loads

(Jared Nagle) #1

I am trying to create auto generated idea project files for my modules and want to add a web facet to all projects with the WarPlugin.

This is my code below:

subprojects { p ->

plugins.withType(WarPlugin) {

idea {

module {

iml {

withXml { provider ->

def node = provider.asNode();

// Initialize the facet manager

def facetManager = node.component.find {

it.’@name’ == ‘FacetManager’

}

if (!facetManager) {

facetManager = node.appendNode(‘component’, [name: ‘FacetManager’])

}

// Create the web facet

def webFacet = facetManager.facet.find { it.’@type’ == ‘web’ }

if (webFacet) {

facetManager.remove(webFacet)

}

webFacet = facetManager.appendNode(‘facet’, [name: ‘Web’, type: ‘web’])

def configuration = webFacet.appendNode(‘configuration’)

logger.lifecycle “properties: ${properties}”

def webXml = p.war.webXml

if (!webXml) webXml = ‘WEB-INF/web.xml’

def descriptors = configuration.appendNode(‘descriptors’)

descriptors.appendNode(‘deploymentDescriptor’, [name: ‘web.xml’, url: “file://$MODULE_DIR$/${p.relativePath(webXml).replaceAll(’\\’, ‘/’)}”])

def webAppDir = p.webAppDir

def webRoots = configuration.appendNode(‘webroots’)

webRoots.appendNode(‘root’, [url: “file://\$MODULE_DIR\$/${p.relativePath(webAppDir).replaceAll(’\\\\’, ‘/’)}”, relativePath: ‘/’])

}

}

}

}

}

}

This produces the correct xml as i have cross referenced it with the xml intellij produces when i create the facet through the ide. however this xml is overridden by intellij as soon as i load the module settings. Is there something wrong with my code or can i not add facets in this manner.

(Peter Niederwieser) #2

From my experience, it usually means that something is wrong with the XML. How did you open the project in IntelliJ?

(Jared Nagle) #3

I open the project using the ipr file directly. The iml shows the change for a moment, however after a few seconds it disappears.

(Jared Nagle) #4

I open the project using the ipr file directly. The iml shows the change for a moment, however after a few seconds it disappears.

(Peter Niederwieser) #5

Most likely the XML is not correct, or the schema has changed. You may want to ask in the IntelliJ forums.

(Jared Nagle) #6

After doing a file compare with my gradle output and the intellij output i determined that the deploymentDescriptor node had a ‘relativePath’ element that was meant to be just ‘relative’. when i corrected this the setting correctly persisted.

Is there an XSD file for the ipr, iws and iml files? or bar that, is there any comprehensive reference of these files on a technical level?

P.S. Thank you for the swift reply to my question!

(Peter Niederwieser) #7

Is there an XSD file for the ipr, iws and iml files? or bar that, is there any comprehensive reference of these files on a technical level?

I’m not aware of such a thing, but the IntelliJ folks will know better.