How to change path to gradle.properties

(Alexander Yushkov) #1

I have different property files,
gradle.properties.
test.properties
dev.propertis
And use gradle.properties for default executions, but some time - I need to use different gradle.properties file. Gradle have command or arg for set path to custom gradle properties? How to solve it

(Pepper Lebeck-Jobe) #2

You haven’t said why you need to use these various different properties files, but I suspect you should actually be using init-scripts for setting the various different properties which differ based on the environment in which you are running.

You are correct that there is no command-line option for a different properties file to read from, but there is a command-line option for using a different init-script.

(Alexander Yushkov) #3

Can you provide example with init script for change property location?
Because we have ~30 parameters in gradle.property file.
I know about override -Pparam=… but it not useful for change a lot of properties.
I also know that it is possible to load the properties from custom file to script. But it’s just not convenient for us - Since I want to use all abilities gradle - out of the box.
Important for me:

1. Immutable
  2. available from Extra Properties Extension
  3. Override from command line (with -P)
    Unfortunately - we not have ability to switch property files. If we have the opportunity using specific switches (for example --property-file), its will be cover my scenario