How should a Zip task source be specified?

(jwbito) #1

I want to collect the jars from my subprojects into a zip file. I can generate a file with the right contents, but I can’t seem to control the name (it’s always “.zip”). This is happening when I don’t apply any plugin.

def target = file(“collection.zip”)

task jar(dependsOn: subprojects.collect {":blush:it.name:jar"}, type: Zip, baseName: target) {

from {

subprojects.collect {

it.tasks.jar.archivePath

}

}

}

The result is a file that contains the jars I want, but has the name ‘.zip’ instead of ‘collection.zip’

(Peter Niederwieser) #2

Not sure what exactly is going on here, but ‘baseName’ should be a String (not a File), and it shouldn’t contain the extension part. As usual, the DSL reference has the details.

(jwbito) #3

Yeah, I’ve been trying properties and methods that look like they would set the output file (e.g. outputs.file). The -d option for gradle doesn’t say much about how the tasks are configured. Is there a method that would print the configuration of a task?

I can’t see any difference in the behavior if the code is

def target = “collection”

task jar(dependsOn: subprojects.collect {":blush:it.name:jar"}, type: Zip, baseName: target) {

from {

subprojects.collect {

it.tasks.jar.archivePath

}

}

}

Providing a string with no extension for baseName still produces a file named .zip (containing the desired jars).

(Peter Niederwieser) #4

Is there a method that would print the configuration of a task?

No there isn’t. You can add some 'println’s though.

Providing a string with no extension for baseName still produces a file named .zip

The ‘baseName’ has to go into the configuration block (‘task jar(…) { baseName = … }’). Only so-called “creation options” (like ‘type’ and ‘dependsOn’) that are common to all tasks can be provided as a named parameter. For more information, see the relevant section in the DSL reference. (Forum messed up the link, but look for Project.task.)

(jwbito) #5

Here’s a gradle.build that you can try. Just copy it to ‘build.gradle’ in a folder that doesn’t have too much in it(!) and then type ‘gradle zip’.

def target = “collection”

task zip(type: Zip, baseName: target) {

from {

file “.”

}

}

How is the zip file name assigned (in rc-3)?

(Peter Niederwieser) #6

See my previous reply.

(jwbito) #7

Thanks very much for the clarification! I just ready through the Task and Project entries and I still don’t see where the distinction is made between creation properties and configuration properties. I do see how the task parameters are available to the Task - it would be cool if it would warn if it sees something that’s not handled.

(Peter Niederwieser) #8

Search for “creation options” on http://gradle.org/docs/current/dsl/org.gradle.api.Project.html will immediately find it.