How Do I Known Ant SVN Does Anything?

task dwnFinsys << {

ant.path(id: ‘svnant’) {

ant.pathelement(location: ‘antlib/svnClientAdapter.jar’)

ant.pathelement(location: ‘antlib/svnant.jar’)

ant.pathelement(location: ‘antlib/ganymed.jar’)

ant.pathelement(location: ‘antlib/jna.jar’)

ant.pathelement(location: ‘antlib/svnjavahl.jar’)

}

ant.taskdef(resource: ‘org/tigris/subversion/svnant/svnantlib.xml’, classpathref: ‘svnant’)

mkdir(‘finsys2’)

ant.svn(username: ‘moeHoward’, password: ‘heyYou’, failonerror: ‘false’) {//this is actually line: 37 from stacktrace

ant.checkout(url: ‘https://myrepo rep’ ,destPath:‘rep’)

ant.update(dir: ‘rep’)

} }

when I grade --debug everything seems to work, nothing seems to get checked

Jim

It’s up to the Ant tasks whether they output something. Maybe they can be configured to output more information. You can surely check the file system to see if they are doing anything useful. What behavior are you observing? Exception? Hanging build? Completing build but no SVN checkout?

Here is the output from --debug:

16:16:21.344 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.logging.internal.DefaultLoggingConfigurer] Finished configuring with level: DEBUG, configurers: [org.gradle.logging.internal.OutputEventRenderer@7b6889, org.gradle.logging.internal.slf4j.Slf4jLoggingConfigurer@c2ff5, org.gradle.logging.internal.JavaUtilLoggingConfigurer@20be79]

[DEBUG] [org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultFileLockManager] Releasing lock on buildscript class cache for build file ‘C:\temp\gradle_builds\gradle-svn\build.gradle’ (C:\Users\jo2372.gradle\caches\1.0-milestone-9\scripts\build_5ka3gnod3qi86lj63dbr34pap5\ProjectScript\buildscript). 16:16:22.467 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.logging.internal.DefaultLoggingConfigurer] Finished configuring with level: DEBUG, configurers: [org.gradle.logging.internal.OutputEventRenderer@7b6889, org.gradle.logging.internal.slf4j.Slf4jLoggingConfigurer@c2ff5, org.gradle.logging.internal.JavaUtilLoggingConfigurer@20be79]

Starting to see errors when I changed

failonerror: ‘false’ ==> failonerror: ‘true’

Probably jar files

Jim

Finally getting output

I putting the tasks in an ant build file and called this from gradle. With --debug I was able to troubleshoot many errors. Here’s a sample of the build.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<property name=“ant.home”

value=“C:\apache-ant-1.8.3”/>

<property name=“svn.url”

value=“https://wherever”/>