In gradle 7.1.1 - I have the following modules with the top one depending on the next depending on the next (These links have VERY SIMPLE build.gradle and settings.gradle files)
- webpieces/core/core-ssl at master · deanhiller/webpieces · GitHub
- webpieces/core/core-datawrapper at master · deanhiller/webpieces · GitHub
- webpieces/core/core-util at master · deanhiller/webpieces · GitHub
- webpieces/core/core-logging at master · deanhiller/webpieces · GitHub
I temporarily added a “throw new RuntimeException” to a test in core-datawrapper and core-util and built the project core-ssl (in the repo, …/…/gradlew build)
- add if(true) throw Runtimeexception to any test in core-util
- cd core/core-ssl
- Run …/…/gradlew build
The settings of core-ssl (found in above link and pasted here) is
includeBuild '../core-datawrapper' includeBuild '../core-mock'
The settings of core-datawrapper (again in above links)
I clear out core-util/build and I see these targets run
> Task :core-util:compileJava > Task :core-util:classes > Task :core-util:jar
That is it. Why are the tests not running? I thought build depended on assemble and test separately?
Also, …/…/gradlew clean only cleans top project and not downstream projects. I am guessing …/…/gradlew publish has trouble too and I need to publish all artifacts if the build passes