Gradle's dependency issue

Hi Team,

I am getting the below error while trying to run the project

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    A problem occurred configuring project ‘:app’.

Failed to notify project evaluation listener.
org.gradle.api.tasks.compile.CompileOptions.setBootClasspath(Ljava/lang/String;)V

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

• Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 0s
Unable to find method ‘org.gradle.api.tasks.compile.CompileOptions.setBootClasspath(Ljava/lang/String;)V’.
Possible causes for this unexpected error include:
Gradle’s dependency cache may be corrupt (this sometimes occurs after a network connection timeout.)
Re-download dependencies and sync project (requires network)

The state of a Gradle build process (daemon) may be corrupt. Stopping all Gradle daemons may solve this problem.
Stop Gradle build processes (requires restart)

Your project may be using a third-party plugin which is not compatible with the other plugins in the project or the version of Gradle requested by the project.

In the case of corrupt Gradle processes, you can also try closing the IDE and then killing all Java processes.
5:24:36 PM: Task execution finished.

I am new to gradle, kindly help me to proceed further with my project

Thanks in advance

From the build output:

1. Did you try running with --stacktrace? Can you share the output?
  2. What are you trying to build?
  3. From project name, I guess an Android app. Are you working with Android Studio?
  4. Are you building a new project or did you add anything (plugins/dependencies) to the Gradle script?
  5. Can share the build script?