Gradle version 6.1.1 and plugin version 4.0.0 in android studio

Hello,

I recently updated Android Studio to 4.0 along with Gradle version and plugin as well.After searching in internet and getting no results for the solution,I finally decided to make a topic here to ask you guys.When I run a project it builds up and everything works fine as it should but I noticed 1 message in the BUILD tab -

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 7.0. Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings. See https://docs.gradle.org/6.1.1/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

I followed the link too and I also used ‘–warning-mode all’ in the compiler,then I get the following 2 messages

Property ‘applicationId’ is not annotated with an input or output annotation. This behaviour has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 7.0.
Property ‘applicationIdResource’ is not annotated with an input or output annotation. This behaviour has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 7.0.

While searching I found different messages for people but no solution to that… :sweat_smile:
Any help to solve this will be appreciated.

Regards…

Okay,I solved the problem myself…The messages are coming from dependencies which you may have not updated for a while.So, to solve this make sure that all your dependencies are up-to-date.Do not use old/deprecated dependencies,find alternatives or use the traditional Android way.

Regards.

I am facing this issue and all my dependencies are up-to-date. Can you tell what were the dependencies you updated to fix this issue?

@roshanpv18 I manually visited each dependency page and used the stable or latest onces. Also, I removed 1-2 dependency and did things programtically. I spent 4-5 days here and asking every friend to help me,but atlast fixed issue myself :sweat_smile: