Gradle Migration

Hi,
I have migrated my ant project to gradle project. I’m able to generate war of project b and generate ear of project a which includes projectb.war. But for some reason my ant and gradle artifacts differ with deployment.xml. This file is missing in my ear file. When I deploy my gradle ear build to WAS , it is always failing. Any pointers to resolve this.
org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.exception.DeploymentDescriptorLoadException: META-INF/application.xml
Stack trace of nested exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Parent Translator (ApplicationTranslator(application,-1506294848)) did not find a Child Translator for “application-name”.
at org.eclipse.wst.common.internal.emf.resource.CacheEventNode.init(CacheEventNode.java:139)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.internal.emf.resource.CacheEventNode.init(CacheEventNode.java:107)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.internal.emf.resource.CacheEventPool.createCacheEventNode(CacheEventPool.java:79)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.internal.emf.resource.EMF2SAXDocumentHandler.addToStack(EMF2SAXDocumentHandler.java:302)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.internal.emf.resource.EMF2SAXDocumentHandler.startElement(EMF2SAXDocumentHandler.java:198)