Gradle init problem

I am trying to use ‘gradle init’ to convert Maven3 to Gradle project.

However I am getting the error - java.lang.StackOverflowError.

POM file and stack trace are at below location. Please help.

stack trace: https://gist.github.com/Niranjan123456/bd2da6892118535fb8c1
pom: https://gist.github.com/Niranjan123456/b844470953d993ae2dff

Hello All,

Can someone help me out ???

I’ve tried to reproduce the issue, but it seems that the pom needs another pom.xml:

<parent>
        <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
    </parent>

Yes it does have another pom as the parent.

But even then its giving the stackOverflow error.

But even then its giving the stackOverflow error.

The response from @uli_heller was not an explanation for the stack overflow.

Without the parent pom.xml, we get a “Non-resolvable parent POM” error, not the stack overflow. Therefore, we can’t investigate the stack overflow and give you more feedback.

The parernt pom file is in the below location:

Unfortunately, now lots of child pom.xmls are missing. Please zip everything needed to reproduce the bug.

[ERROR] Child module /tmp/bug/a/ims-smtp of /tmp/bug/a/pom.xml does not exist @ 
        [ERROR] Child module /tmp/bug/a/ims-smtp-api of /tmp/bug/a/pom.xml does not exist @ 
        [ERROR] Child module /tmp/bug/a/ims-sso-liberty of /tmp/bug/a/pom.xml does not exist @ 
        [ERROR] Child module /tmp/bug/a/ims-sso-lw-agent of /tmp/bug/a/pom.xml does not exist @ 
        [ERROR] Child module /tmp/bug/a/ims-startup-war of /tmp/bug/a/pom.xml does not exist @ 
        [ERROR] Child module /tmp/bug/a/ims-webtier of /tmp/bug/a/pom.xml does not exist @ 
        [ERROR] Child module /tmp/bug/a/ims-webtier-api of /tmp/bug/a/pom.xml does not exist @ 
        [ERROR] Child module /tmp/bug/a/ims-wsapi of /tmp/bug/a/pom.xml does not exist @ 

There are lot of subprojects to include… I will try to upload here…

In general, why this type of error could happen ???