Gradle fails to import required libraries after upgrade

Hello,
I’m part of a team that is developing a plugin for our micro-services to use.
We wanted to upgrade our micro-services as well as this Plugin to the latest 6.x version of Gradle coming from version 5.6.4.

After upgrading the Gradle version in the plugin repository and trying to use it in our “pilot-service” I’m getting the following error:

A problem occurred configuring project ':api'.
> Could not resolve all artifacts for configuration ':api:classpath'.
   > Could not find com.fasterxml.jackson.datatype:jackson-datatype-jsr310:.
     Required by:
         project :api > com.mycompany:myplugin:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
   > Could not find com.fasterxml.jackson.module:jackson-module-kotlin:.
     Required by:
   > Could not find org.springframework:spring-web:.
     Required by:
   > Could not find org.springframework:spring-test:.
     Required by:
   > Could not find org.springframework:spring-webmvc:.
     Required by:
   > Could not find org.springframework.hateoas:spring-hateoas:.
     Required by:

Possible solution:
 - Declare repository providing the artifact, see the documentation at https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/declaring_repositories.html

After some googling back and forth and searching in the forms here I couldn’t find a solution.
Most of the suggestions are specifying to check the repositories’ locations. The repositories location hasn’t changed and also before publishing it (even as a SNAPSHOT) I’m checking it locally with mavenLocal().

I did go through the steps in the Gradle migration guide but didn’t find anything similar to this issue.
I did verify that the Artifacts exists in my local maven folder and also in the our custom repositories in Jfrog Artifactory.
This issue happens on a Mac OS machine as well as Windows.
I’m 95+% sure this is regarding some configuration which is set up in the plugin but we didn’t change anything in it when Upgrading the Gradle version.

Could someone please assist?

The “possible solution” is a bit misleading.
Those missing dependencies don’t have a version, so they cannot be found.
In your old state you somehow specified the version for those.
You could for example check with dependencies or dependencyInsight in the old state where the version is coming from.

@Vampire
After checking the dependencies, we notice that the Plugin repo is using Spring dependencyManagement to import the versions for those dependencies without declaring the specific version (the whole purpose of using Spring dependencyManagement) but after the upgrade of Gradle it’s not working anymore and we are not sure why.
For now, the workaround is to declare those dependencies’ versions explicitly instead of letting Spring dependencyManagement manage them.

Do have an idea why this is the case?

No, but tbh I would never use the Spring dependency management plugin if it is just for getting the versions from a BOM.
For that Gradle has built-in BOM support using platform(...) for quite some time.
The Spring dependency management plugin can do more, like porting over imho bad behavior of Maven to Gradle.
If it is just to get the versions, I would just use the built-in BOM support.

I’m not sure why, but we were limited to use the Spring one, maybe because Gradle didn’t support it in previous versions 4.x etc.
In any case, after changing the Spring dependencyManagement to Gradle’s one the problem is solved.

Thanks for your response.