Gradle Core Plugins (plugin is not in 'org.gradle' namespace)

Getting Gradle build error,
Even after changing the org.springframework.boot version that’s available in the Gradle Plugin repository, we are getting the same error. What could be the possible reason for the error?

How could we troubleshoot the issue? Any suggestion?

* What went wrong:
Plugin [id: 'org.springframework.boot', version: '2.6.2'] was not found in any of the following sources:

- Gradle Core Plugins (plugin is not in 'org.gradle' namespace)
- Plugin Repositories (could not resolve plugin artifact 'org.springframework.boot:org.springframework.boot.gradle.plugin:2.6.2')
  Searched in the following repositories:
    Gradle Central Plugin Repository

build.gradle => artifactory url defined in repository is accessible

plugins {
	id 'org.springframework.boot' version '2.6.2'
	id 'io.spring.dependency-management' version '1.0.11.RELEASE'
	id 'java'
	id 'jacoco'
	id "org.sonarqube" version "3.3"
	id "com.gorylenko.gradle-git-properties" version "2.4.1"
}
repositories {
    mavenCentral()
    maven {
        url "artifactory-url"
        credentials {

}
        allowInsecureProtocol = true
    }
}

setting.gradle

rootProject.name = 'project-name'

What could be the possible reason for the error?

Some points:

• firewall blocking access to Gradle Plugin Portal
  • proxy needed but not configured
  • broken Java distribution that cannot open the HTTPS connection properly

The artifactory url is irrelevant, because you didn’t declare the artifactory as plugin repository, only as repository for your project dependencies.

Sidenote: You should remove the Spring dependency management plugin and instead use the built-in BOM support using platform(...).

Thank you for the input. I would check the firewall and proxy settings.

Thanks for insight, Vampire.

I have the same issue but am not experiencing it with other local builds. It’s only happening on certain repositories.

I have both have multiple installs of intellij but the issue happens even on non-gui related repos.

I don’t see any exceptions related to network connection failures.

Have there been any other reports of this issue? Cannot develop for time being… thx for any input!

If you have the exact same error than OP, which is not being able to resolve org.springframework.boot:org.springframework.boot.gradle.plugin:2.6.2 though it was searched in “Gradle Central Plugin Repository” where it is available, I only have the exact same answer for you.

If you just have a similar problem, you should not hijack a thread just lightly related, but create a new one with your exact situation. :wink:

same problem, it was a proxy problem, I have done it from a computer with direct access, with no problem

Hello, were you able to solve it without errors?