Gradle command-line arguments can no longer be passed in buildship with Eclipse

Gradle Version: 3.0 and 2.14.1, buildship 1.0.17.v20160713-0853
Operating System: Windows
Is this a regression? If yes, which version of Gradle do you know it last worked for?

If I attempt to add command-line switches to the Gradle Build in buildship using the Arguments tab of the run configuration, these are not accepted.

Unknown command-line option: --stacktrace

The same goes for --debug, --info, -s

This was not an issue with earlier releases of buildship, and it is not an issue on the command-line.

Passing arguments works for me. Can you make sure you are passing them on the Program Arguments tab and not in the Gradle Tasks list? A screenshot of both tabs and the full output might help diagnose this.

And it works for me now too! The problem has gone away. Evidently, it was code-dependent.

I’ve been thick in the weeds with an issue that Mark Vieira has been helping me with, and I’ve changed my code per his suggestion, and the problem no longer exists. Apparently, it is possible to write some bad but legal gradle plugin code that can cause this to happen, but I can no longer make it happen.

The problem, when it did occur, could be made to happen both from the Run As->Run Configurations and from the Create Gradle Run Configuration menu item from the Gradle Tasks view.

Thanks for verifying :slight_smile: If you can reproduce it again with an example project, let me know.

Sorry, believe me, you don’t want to get into the weeds of my project. I should have checked whether other projects were affected.