install {
       configuration = configurations.published
   }
}

for a project:

group: com.mytest
 artifact: test-project
 version: 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Running “gradle clean install” generates the following artifacts in my repository:

~/.m2/repository/com/mytest/test-project/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/test-project-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
 ~/.m2/repository/com/mytest/test-project/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/test-project-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar

which looks correct.

When I declare a dependency on those coordinates from another project as follows:

testCompile group: "com.mytest", name: "test-project", version:"1.0.0-SNAPSHOT", classifier: "tests"

I get the following output:

Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':otherproject'.
 Artifact 'com.mytest:test-project:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:tests@jar' not found.

I notice that the Maven metadata for test-project doesn’t contain all of the same data that it does when the project is

built by Maven, but even builing and deploying test-project doesn’t make fix the problem. I’ve tried other formats like:

testCompile "com.mytest:test-project:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:tests"

to no avail. Am I missing something obvious?

I’m running Gradle 1.4 on JDK 1.7 on Mac OSX

Thanks!

Joe

(Luke Daley) #2

Hi Joe,

Dependencies between projects are different in Gradle. The following previous post should help you out:

http://forums.gradle.org/gradle/topics/how_do_i_declare_a_dependency_on_a_modules_test_code

(Jordan Black) #3

I’m having a similar issue.

testCompile group: ‘org.apache.sling’, name: ‘org.apache.sling.launchpad’, version:‘7-SNAPSHOT’, classifier:‘standalone’

gives this error:

Could not find org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.launchpad:7-SNAPSHOT.

Required by:

com.snidigital.wcm.platform.test:wcm-platform-test-sling-example:1.0-SNAPSHOT

Although I have verified that the file ‘org.apache.sling.launchpad-7-SNAPSHOT-standalone.jar’ exists in my local m2 repository at directory \org\apache\sling\org.apache.sling.launchpad\7-SNAPSHOT.

(Peter Niederwieser) #4

Make sure that you have a ‘mavenLocal()’ repository declared. If that doesn’t help, try with the latest Gradle version, as handling of Maven local has recently been improved. I don’t think your problem is caused by the classifier.

(Jordan Black) #5

Yea, I had mavenLocal() declared in my repositories, but it wasn’t working. I had to actually include the file path to my local repo to get it to work. But yea, it wasn’t related to the classifier.