Gradle 4.0 RC2 is now available for testing
This release candidate contains fixes for the following issues reported against 4.0 RC1.
- #2205: Update 4.0 release notes for gradle-script-kotlin to version 0.9.1
- #2208: 4.0-rc-1 takes longer for resolving configurations than 3.5
- #2210: Progress bar and work-in-progress info is sometimes rendered in build output
- #2216: Common idiom for configuring test tasks causes unexpected behavior in 4.0-rc-1
- #2222: 4.0 rc1 hang with jarjar plugin
- #2235: Linking external Javadocs fails with Gradle 4.0
Check the release notes for more information. If no regressions are reported, a final release will typically follow in the next week.
Switch your build to use Gradle 4.0 RC2 quickly by updating your wrapper properties:
./gradlew wrapper --gradle-version=4.0-rc-2
Standalone downloads are available at https://gradle.org/release-candidate.