Generated POM does not include dependencies if POM is customized before applying Java plugin

As per subject says,

build.gradle contains the following declarations @@@

dependencies {

compile ‘com.adobe.blazeds:blazeds-common:4.0.0.14931’

compile ‘com.adobe.blazeds:blazeds-core:4.0.0.14931’

testCompile ‘junit:junit:4.9’

}

uploadArchives {

repositories {

mavenDeployer {

repository( url: “someURL” ) {

}

pom.project {

// … Custom declarations on developers etcs

}

}

}

}

} @@@

Expected result: * When @@@gradle upload@@@ is invoked, the expected behavior is to have both my custom declarations (developers, licenses, etcs) and project dependencies to be included in the uploaded pom.xml

Current result: * Custom declarations are included, but the project dependencies are not included

Do note that when pom.project declaration is removed, the project dependencies are included in the uploaded pom.xml.

Usually this works just fine. Can you provide a fully self-contained example that demonstrates the problem? Please use HTML code tags when pasting code. Also please paste the output of ‘gradle -v’.

The simplest project can be downloaded from here https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwZ5wsZTtnH4SnRJcC14bWpDa2c

$ gradle upload -v

------------------------------------------------------------ Gradle 1.2 ------------------------------------------------------------

Gradle build time: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:46:02 AM UTC Groovy: 1.8.6 Ant: Apache Ant™ version 1.8.4 compiled on May 22 2012 Ivy: 2.2.0 JVM: 1.6.0_32 (Sun Microsystems Inc. 20.7-b02) OS: Windows 7 6.1 amd64

Hi Peter,

Did you manage to reproduce the error in your environment?

The problem occurs if the POM is customized before the ‘java’ plugin has been applied. I’ve created a JIRA for this. In the meantime, make sure to first apply the plugin.

The problem with this method is, it doesn’t work with my project. My project has flex and java component, due to some task name conflict, I can’t do ‘apply plugin: ‘java’’ ‘apply plugin: ‘gradlefx’’

The following error message occurred when gradle build is invoked: '$ !g gradle clean

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• Where: Build file ‘C:\workspace\pons\pons-swc\build.gradle’ line: 11

• What went wrong: A problem occurred evaluating project ‘:pons-swc’. > Cannot add task ‘:pons-swc:build’ as a task with that name already exists.

• Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 3.82 secs’

Anyway, for a workaround, I’ll re-declare the maven deployer in deploy-able module.

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like a problem with the ‘gradlefx’ plugin. It probably shouldn’t add a ‘build’ task if one already exists.