Failed to notify action. Cannot invoke method containers() on null object

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #1

I just upgraded to gradle-rc1 and wanted to see if my projects still build, and immediately I get a failure "Failed to notify action.

Cannot invoke method containers() on null object". This is on a subproject which declares "apply plugin: ‘war’, and that line is reported by “what went wrong”. I cannot figure out what this means and what changed.

(Peter Niederwieser) #2

Please provide more information (show the build script etc.). Where do you use “containers” in the build script? Which version did you upgrade from? Did you carefully study the migration guides?

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #3

Before upgrading to gradle-rc1 I used milestone-9 and later some nightly-build of rc-candidate.

My projects build rely on a root project where I have:

subprojects { subProject ->
 // 1. Definition der verwendeten Libraries inkludieren
 apply from: '../libraries.gradle'
 //
   apply plugin: 'java'
     (...)
  configurations {
  bgetem
  bghw
  bgrci
  bgv
  ukpt
   }

Whilest evaluating my project scripts Grade issues the offending project’s gradle script where I have:

apply plugin: 'war'
dependencies {
   (...)
  war {
     (...)
  }
}

My configurations are not used at the moment anywhere else (I will try to use them for creating a customer dependent build process, but do not really know if this would be the right way) - they are just some names. And when I comment them out, the failure is the same.

(Peter Niederwieser) #4

From the information you provide, I can’t tell what the problem is. I’m not aware of any changes with regard to configurations between m9 and rc-1.

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #5

Hi Peter,

thanks for your comments so far.

Today I found the time to come back to this problem.

I tried the following: from settings.gradle I commented out my two web projects - and then Gradle does not complain anymore. As soon as I reactivate one of the two web projects (it doesn’t matter which of them), the error shows up again.

So I will show you my script for one the web projects; maybe you see something I cannot see.

apply plugin: 'war'
  dependencies {
 compile project(':com.tsystems.favbg.common.jadice')
    compile (libraries.servlet_api)
 compile (libraries.jsp_api)
    runtime project(':bghw_fav_server')
      runtime project(':bghw_fav_server_core')
 runtime project(':bghw_fav_jadice_server')
 runtime project(':com.tsystems.favbg.common')
}
  war {
  from 'WebContent'
     // muss hier stehen, weil default wäre /src/main/webapp
 exclude 'WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/**/*.jar'
  classpath libraries.xalan
   // classpath: adds a file-set to the WEB-INF/lib dir.
  }

(Peter Niederwieser) #6

What’s the exact error message, including stack trace (’-s’)? Which line in what build script does it relate to?

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #7

this is the output:

Q:\sources\trunk_clf>gradle clean
  FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
  * Where:
Build file 'Q:\sources\trunk_clf\bghw_fav_jadice_web\build.gradle' line: 4
  * What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ':bghw_fav_jadice_web'.
> Failed to notify action.
   > Cannot invoke method containers() on null object
  * Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
  BUILD FAILED
  Total time: 2.499 secs

the reported line number points to “apply plugin: ‘war’”

and this is the stacktrace:

* Exception is:
org.gradle.api.GradleScriptException: A problem occurred evaluating project ':bghw_fav_jadice_web'.
        at org.gradle.groovy.scripts.internal.DefaultScriptRunnerFactory$ScriptRunnerImpl.run(DefaultScriptRunnerFactory.java:54)
        at org.gradle.configuration.DefaultScriptPluginFactory$ScriptPluginImpl.apply(DefaultScriptPluginFactory.java:127)
        at org.gradle.configuration.BuildScriptProcessor.evaluate(BuildScriptProcessor.java:38)
        at org.gradle.configuration.LifecycleProjectEvaluator.evaluate(LifecycleProjectEvaluator.java:43)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.project.AbstractProject.evaluate(AbstractProject.java:462)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.project.AbstractProject.evaluate(AbstractProject.java:74)
        at org.gradle.configuration.ProjectEvaluationConfigurer.execute(ProjectEvaluationConfigurer.java:23)
        at org.gradle.configuration.ProjectEvaluationConfigurer.execute(ProjectEvaluationConfigurer.java:21)
        at org.gradle.configuration.DefaultBuildConfigurer$1.execute(DefaultBuildConfigurer.java:38)
        at org.gradle.configuration.DefaultBuildConfigurer$1.execute(DefaultBuildConfigurer.java:35)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.project.AbstractProject.configure(AbstractProject.java:438)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.project.AbstractProject.allprojects(AbstractProject.java:433)
        at org.gradle.configuration.DefaultBuildConfigurer.configure(DefaultBuildConfigurer.java:35)
        at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.doBuildStages(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:139)
        at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.doBuild(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:110)
        at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.run(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:78)
        at org.gradle.launcher.cli.ExecuteBuildAction.run(ExecuteBuildAction.java:38)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.protocol.Build.run(Build.java:68)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.protocol.Build.run(Build.java:64)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ExecuteBuild.doBuild(ExecuteBuild.java:45)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.BuildCommandOnly.execute(BuildCommandOnly.java:34)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.DaemonCommandExecution.proceed(DaemonCommandExecution.java:122)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.WatchForDisconnection.execute(WatchForDisconnection.java:45)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.DaemonCommandExecution.proceed(DaemonCommandExecution.java:122)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ResetDeprecationLogger.execute(ResetDeprecationLogger.java:24)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.StartStopIfBuildAndStop.execute(StartStopIfBuildAndStop.java:28)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ReturnResult.execute(ReturnResult.java:34)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ForwardClientInput$4.call(ForwardClientInput.java:116)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ForwardClientInput$4.call(ForwardClientInput.java:114)
        at org.gradle.util.Swapper.swap(Swapper.java:38)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ForwardClientInput.execute(ForwardClientInput.java:114)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.LogToClient.doBuild(LogToClient.java:60)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.BuildCommandOnly.execute(BuildCommandOnly.java:34)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.EstablishBuildEnvironment.doBuild(EstablishBuildEnvironment.java:61)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.StartBuildOrRespondWithBusy.doBuild(StartBuildOrRespondWithBusy.java:49)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.HandleStop.execute(HandleStop.java:34)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.CatchAndForwardDaemonFailure.execute(CatchAndForwardDaemonFailure.java:32)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.HandleClientDisconnectBeforeSendingCommand.execute(HandleClientDisconnectBeforeSen
dingCommand.java:21)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.StopConnectionAfterExecution.execute(StopConnectionAfterExecution.java:27)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.DefaultDaemonCommandExecuter.executeCommand(DefaultDaemonCommandExecuter.java:55)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.Daemon$1$1.run(Daemon.java:123)
        at org.gradle.messaging.concurrent.DefaultExecutorFactory$StoppableExecutorImpl$1.run(DefaultExecutorFactory.java:66)
Caused by: org.gradle.listener.ListenerNotificationException: Failed to notify action.
        at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.BroadcastDispatch.dispatch(BroadcastDispatch.java:97)
        at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.BroadcastDispatch.dispatch(BroadcastDispatch.java:32)
        at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ProxyDispatchAdapter$DispatchingInvocationHandler.invoke(ProxyDispatchAdapter.java:93)
        at $Proxy4.execute(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.listener.ActionBroadcast.execute(ActionBroadcast.java:25)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.DefaultDomainObjectCollection.doAdd(DefaultDomainObjectCollection.java:169)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.DefaultDomainObjectCollection.add(DefaultDomainObjectCollection.java:164)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.plugins.DefaultProjectsPluginContainer.addPluginInternal(DefaultProjectsPluginContainer.java:72)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.plugins.DefaultProjectsPluginContainer.apply(DefaultProjectsPluginContainer.java:37)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.plugins.DefaultObjectConfigurationAction.applyPlugin(DefaultObjectConfigurationAction.java:101)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.plugins.DefaultObjectConfigurationAction.access$200(DefaultObjectConfigurationAction.java:32)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.plugins.DefaultObjectConfigurationAction$3.run(DefaultObjectConfigurationAction.java:72)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.plugins.DefaultObjectConfigurationAction.execute(DefaultObjectConfigurationAction.java:114)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.project.AbstractProject.apply(AbstractProject.java:840)
        at org.gradle.api.Project$apply.call(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.project.ProjectScript.apply(ProjectScript.groovy:34)
        at org.gradle.api.Script$apply.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
        at build_cfb6a9gdmo7gkfoab7jb9367c.run(Q:\sources\trunk_clf\bghw_fav_jadice_web\build.gradle:4)
        at org.gradle.groovy.scripts.internal.DefaultScriptRunnerFactory$ScriptRunnerImpl.run(DefaultScriptRunnerFactory.java:52)
        ... 54 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method containers() on null object
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.EclipseWtpPlugin$_configureEclipseClasspathForWarPlugin_closure1.doCall(EclipseWtpPlugin.g
roovy:66)
        at org.gradle.util.ConfigureUtil.configure(ConfigureUtil.java:141)
        at org.gradle.util.ConfigureUtil.configure(ConfigureUtil.java:90)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.DefaultDomainObjectCollection$1.execute(DefaultDomainObjectCollection.java:157)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.FilteredAction.execute(FilteredAction.java:33)
        at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:35)
        at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.ReflectionDispatch.dispatch(ReflectionDispatch.java:24)
        at org.gradle.messaging.dispatch.BroadcastDispatch.dispatch(BroadcastDispatch.java:88)
        ... 72 more

(Peter Niederwieser) #8

It appears to be a problem related to the ‘eclipse-wtp’ plugin. Where and how do you apply this plugin?

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #9

By now I do not need and use this plugin, First I will get a complete build at the command line. But then, when I will present Gradle to the team, everything should work within Eclipse (compile, run the appserver with Eclipse-WTP.

So, first I will comment it out (on monday at work).

Maybe this whole issue was worth to be documented and get your interest. Anyway, thanks for your support.

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #10

Peter: you are right. It is a problem with ‘eclipse-wtp’ plugin. Commenting it out, and everythings works fine as before.

(Peter Niederwieser) #11

It would be good to know how and where you applied the plugin. I don’t understand how it could cause this error.

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #12

As I already told you, I do not have a real usage of the plugin. It came into my root build.gradle because there a plans to integrate the gradle build into Eclipse and make usage of Eclipse WTP.

Maybe the apply-plugin, where I put this plugin, should not be in the root build script. There I had:

apply plugin: 'eclipse'
  //
um Eclipse-Projekte zu generieren
      apply plugin: 'eclipse-wtp'
 (...)

Anyway, in the momemt I do not care on this plugin, so I commented it out.

(Peter Niederwieser) #13

‘eclipse’ and ‘eclipse-wtp’ need to be applied in ‘allprojects { … }’. Does this solve your problem?

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #14

No, it doesn’t. My root build script now has this structure:

(...)
  allprojects {
  apply plugin: 'eclipse'
     apply plugin: 'eclipse-wtp'
  }

This produces the same error as before, and if comment ‘eclipse-wtp’ plugin out, the error disappears.

Anyway, when you brought up the ‘allprojects’ thing, I am asking myself: When to use ‘allprojects’ and when to use ‘subprojects’? Are the well-defined rules?

(Peter Niederwieser) #15

‘allprojects’ configures the “current” project and its subprojects; ‘subprojects’ only configures the subprojects. It depends on the plugin and needs of your build what to use when. In case of the IDE plugins, they need to be applied to the root project as well.

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #16

Hi Peter, I detected another problem, this time with the 'eclipse-'plugin.

When I invoke ‘eclipseClasspath’ on one of my projects, Gradle reports an error:

Execution failed for task ':de.uvdms.ui.datenpflege:eclipseClasspath'.
> Cannot get property 'name' on null object

In the stacktrace appears a Nullpointer:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'name' on null object
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.internal.ProjectDependencyBuilder.build(ProjectDependencyBuilder.gr
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.internal.ProjectDependencyBuilder$build.call(Unknown Source)

(Peter Niederwieser) #17

Please provide the full stack trace (it’s also truncated on the right end). If you could provide a self-contained example build that demonstrates the problems, that would be great.

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #18

here is a complete stacktrace:

Q:\gradleTest>gradle --stacktrace :favbg.common:eclipseCl
:favbg.common:eclipseClasspath
  FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
  * What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':favbg.common:eclipseClasspath'.
> Cannot get property 'name' on null object
  * Try:
Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
  * Exception is:
org.gradle.api.tasks.TaskExecutionException: Execution failed for task ':favbg.common:eclipseClasspath'.
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.executeActions(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:68)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.execute(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:46)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.PostExecutionAnalysisTaskExecuter.execute(PostExecutionAnalysisTaskExecuter.java:
34)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.CacheLockHandlingTaskExecuter$1.run(CacheLockHandlingTaskExecuter.java:34)
        at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultCacheAccess$2.create(DefaultCacheAccess.java:200)
        at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultCacheAccess.longRunningOperation(DefaultCacheAccess.java:172)
        at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultCacheAccess.longRunningOperation(DefaultCacheAccess.java:198)
        at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultPersistentDirectoryStore.longRunningOperation(DefaultPersistentDirectoryStore.java:111)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.DefaultTaskArtifactStateCacheAccess.longRunningOperation(DefaultTaskArtifactState
CacheAccess.java:83)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.CacheLockHandlingTaskExecuter.execute(CacheLockHandlingTaskExecuter.java:32)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipUpToDateTaskExecuter.execute(SkipUpToDateTaskExecuter.java:55)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ValidatingTaskExecuter.execute(ValidatingTaskExecuter.java:57)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipEmptySourceFilesTaskExecuter.execute(SkipEmptySourceFilesTaskExecuter.java:41
)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipTaskWithNoActionsExecuter.execute(SkipTaskWithNoActionsExecuter.java:51)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.SkipOnlyIfTaskExecuter.execute(SkipOnlyIfTaskExecuter.java:52)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteAtMostOnceTaskExecuter.execute(ExecuteAtMostOnceTaskExecuter.java:42)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.AbstractTask.executeWithoutThrowingTaskFailure(AbstractTask.java:247)
        at org.gradle.execution.DefaultTaskGraphExecuter.executeTask(DefaultTaskGraphExecuter.java:192)
        at org.gradle.execution.DefaultTaskGraphExecuter.doExecute(DefaultTaskGraphExecuter.java:177)
        at org.gradle.execution.DefaultTaskGraphExecuter.execute(DefaultTaskGraphExecuter.java:83)
        at org.gradle.execution.SelectedTaskExecutionAction.execute(SelectedTaskExecutionAction.java:36)
        at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter.execute(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:61)
        at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter.access$200(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:23)
        at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter$2.proceed(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:67)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.TaskCacheLockHandlingBuildExecuter$1.run(TaskCacheLockHandlingBuildExecuter.java:
31)
        at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultCacheAccess$1.create(DefaultCacheAccess.java:111)
        at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultCacheAccess.useCache(DefaultCacheAccess.java:126)
        at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultCacheAccess.useCache(DefaultCacheAccess.java:109)
        at org.gradle.cache.internal.DefaultPersistentDirectoryStore.useCache(DefaultPersistentDirectoryStore.java:103)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.DefaultTaskArtifactStateCacheAccess.useCache(DefaultTaskArtifactStateCacheAccess.
java:79)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.changedetection.TaskCacheLockHandlingBuildExecuter.execute(TaskCacheLockHandlingBuildExecuter.jav
a:29)
        at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter.execute(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:61)
        at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter.access$200(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:23)
        at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter$2.proceed(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:67)
        at org.gradle.execution.DryRunBuildExecutionAction.execute(DryRunBuildExecutionAction.java:32)
        at org.gradle.execution.DefaultBuildExecuter.execute(DefaultBuildExecuter.java:54)
        at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.doBuildStages(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:155)
        at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.doBuild(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:110)
        at org.gradle.initialization.DefaultGradleLauncher.run(DefaultGradleLauncher.java:78)
        at org.gradle.launcher.cli.ExecuteBuildAction.run(ExecuteBuildAction.java:38)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.protocol.Build.run(Build.java:68)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.protocol.Build.run(Build.java:64)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ExecuteBuild.doBuild(ExecuteBuild.java:45)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.WatchForDisconnection.execute(WatchForDisconnection.java:45)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ResetDeprecationLogger.execute(ResetDeprecationLogger.java:24)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.StartStopIfBuildAndStop.execute(StartStopIfBuildAndStop.java:28)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ReturnResult.execute(ReturnResult.java:34)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ForwardClientInput$4.call(ForwardClientInput.java:116)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ForwardClientInput$4.call(ForwardClientInput.java:114)
        at org.gradle.util.Swapper.swap(Swapper.java:38)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.ForwardClientInput.execute(ForwardClientInput.java:114)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.LogToClient.doBuild(LogToClient.java:60)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.EstablishBuildEnvironment.doBuild(EstablishBuildEnvironment.java:61)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.StartBuildOrRespondWithBusy.doBuild(StartBuildOrRespondWithBusy.java:49)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.HandleStop.execute(HandleStop.java:34)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.CatchAndForwardDaemonFailure.execute(CatchAndForwardDaemonFailure.java:32)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.HandleClientDisconnectBeforeSendingCommand.execute(HandleClientDisconnectBeforeSen
dingCommand.java:21)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.StopConnectionAfterExecution.execute(StopConnectionAfterExecution.java:27)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.exec.DefaultDaemonCommandExecuter.executeCommand(DefaultDaemonCommandExecuter.java:55)
        at org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.Daemon$1$1.run(Daemon.java:123)
        at org.gradle.messaging.concurrent.DefaultExecutorFactory$StoppableExecutorImpl$1.run(DefaultExecutorFactory.java:66)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'name' on null object
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.internal.ProjectDependencyBuilder.build(ProjectDependencyBuilder.groovy:29)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.internal.ProjectDependencyBuilder$build.call(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.internal.ClasspathFactory$_3_update_closure1.doCall(ClasspathFactory.groovy:48)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.internal.ClasspathFactory$3.update(ClasspathFactory.groovy:47)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.internal.ClasspathEntryBuilder$update.call(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.internal.ClasspathFactory.createEntries(ClasspathFactory.groovy:80)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.internal.ClasspathFactory$createEntries.call(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.EclipseClasspath.resolveDependencies(EclipseClasspath.groovy:213)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.EclipseClasspath.mergeXmlClasspath(EclipseClasspath.groovy:220)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.model.EclipseClasspath$mergeXmlClasspath.call(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.GenerateEclipseClasspath.configure(GenerateEclipseClasspath.groovy:45)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.GenerateEclipseClasspath.configure(GenerateEclipseClasspath.groovy)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.api.XmlGeneratorTask$1.configure(XmlGeneratorTask.java:37)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.api.XmlGeneratorTask$1.configure(XmlGeneratorTask.java:31)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.api.GeneratorTask.generate(GeneratorTask.java:75)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.BeanDynamicObject$MetaClassAdapter.invokeMethod(BeanDynamicObject.java:196)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.BeanDynamicObject.invokeMethod(BeanDynamicObject.java:102)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.CompositeDynamicObject.invokeMethod(CompositeDynamicObject.java:99)
        at org.gradle.plugins.ide.eclipse.GenerateEclipseClasspath_Decorated.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
        at org.gradle.util.ReflectionUtil.invoke(ReflectionUtil.groovy:23)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.project.taskfactory.AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory$4.execute(AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory.jav
a:150)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.project.taskfactory.AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory$4.execute(AnnotationProcessingTaskFactory.jav
a:145)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.AbstractTask$TaskActionWrapper.execute(AbstractTask.java:477)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.AbstractTask$TaskActionWrapper.execute(AbstractTask.java:466)
        at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.executeActions(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:60)
        ... 78 more
BUILD FAILED
Total time: 1.258 secs
Q:\gradleTest>

I have extracted a demo from my real projects where I can reproduce this. I can pack this into a ZIP, but I cannot see how to attach something here on this forum.

(Peter Niederwieser) #19

Unfortunately the forum doesn’t support attachments. Could you open an issue at http://issues.gradle.org and attach your build there?

(Carlo Luib-Finetti) #20

I just created ‘http://issues.gradle.org/browse/GRADLE-2253