Failed to create parent directory (createCacheAccess())

Code (Gradle 2.3):

$ gradle --daemon tasks

Result:

:tasks

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Could not create service of type TaskArtifactStateCacheAccess using TaskExecutionServices.createCacheAccess().
> Failed to create parent directory '/path/project/subproject' when creating directory '/path/project/subproject/.gradle/2.3/taskArtifacts'

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 0.809 secs

Permissions on the files:

$ ls -ld . build.gradle 
drwxrwxrwx 8 user1 group1  309 May 11 10:21 .
-rw-rw-r-- 1 user2  group1 4061 May 11 10:23 build.gradle

Something is fishy wrt to the permissions gradle requires. I am able to create files, etc. but gradle isn’t.

However, it works with Gradle 2.4. Can someone explain what was wrong or what was fixed please?

Thank you.

Are you running the build as user1 or user2?

I run the build as user2.

Setting:

GRADLE_USER_HOME=~/.gradle 

or to some valid folder location where you have valid WRITE access (basically read/write/execute would be helpful for the user which is running gradle process) will resolve this issue.

All gradle is trying is to create a .gradle folder in a location where it doesn’t have valid rwx access.

If I use Gradle 2.4 or 2.5, there are no issues and I have nothing to change to what I do. Since I now use Gradle 2.5, this is no longer an issue for me.