Execution failed for task ':test' building java HelloWorld

hi, i want work with gradle… but i don’t know why i have this problem. I have the next structure meinproject/src/main/java/ here i have my java file like:

public class HelloWorld{
 public static void main(String[] args){
  System.out.println("Hello World");
 }
}

then in meinproject folder i have my build.gradle file with apply plugin: “java” … it’s the most simple example… but i have the next result

[sudo] password for bazaar-test:
 :compileJava UP-TO-DATE
:processResources UP-TO-DATE
:classes UP-TO-DATE
:jar
:assemble
:compileTestJava UP-TO-DATE
:processTestResources UP-TO-DATE
:testClasses UP-TO-DATE
:test
  FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
  * What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':test'.
Cause: Could not generate test report to '/home/bazaar-test/meinproject/build/reports/tests'.
Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException (no error message)
  * Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
  BUILD FAILED
  Total time: 4.854 secs

I tried with sudo… with JAVA_HOME with JRE… i tried with :

gradle build -x test

this command work, but I want to test…

features: /****** ubuntu*********/ Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS Release: 12.04 /*********gradle ************* ------------------------------------------------------------ Gradle 1.0-milestone-3 ------------------------------------------------------------

Gradle build time: Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:06:52 PM UTC Groovy: 1.8.6 Ant: Apache Ant™ version 1.8.2 compiled on December 3 2011 Ivy: non official version JVM: 1.6.0_27 (Sun Microsystems Inc. 20.0-b12) OS: Linux 3.8.0-29-generic i386 /*********** java ***********************/ I have too jre1.7.0_51… jdk1.7.0_51 java version “1.6.0_27” OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.12.6) (6b27-1.12.6-1ubuntu0.12.04.4) OpenJDK Client VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode, sharing) **************************************

thanks for your help regads Rodrigo

Please switch to a newer Gradle version. We won’t be able to help you out with 1.0-m3.