Exclude file from named directory

Hi All, How do I exclude a file under a specific directory?

For example suppose I have two files(x.txt) under two root folder src and conf.

conf/a/b/c/some_unknown_folder/x.txt src/a1/b1/c1/some_unknown_folder/x.txt

If I only want my jar to include x.txt from “src” but not from “conf”, how do I do it without specifying the full path in exclude. I tried “from” with “exclude” methods but it is not working.

Thanks, PB

Are ‘src’ and ‘conf’ declared as source and/or resource directories, or are they just arbitrary directories? Why is specifying the full path not an option? Do you mean absolute path?

Src and conf are source and resource folders.

Thanks, PB

Then I don’t understand how the text file in the source folder makes it into the Jar. Can you post the relevant parts of your build script?

The text file was just an example, it could be any file type. Also src and conf was just an example, it could be two source folder(src, generated-src, external-src). For example I want to say from generated-src exclude files A,B,C but if such files exist in src or external-src allow it.

Thanks, PB

Thanks, Prantor

Do you directly add files to the Jar (task), or is it all controlled via source sets?

It is controlled through source sets.

Then it’s usually best to add includes/excludes at the source (directory) set level. Note that it isn’t currently possibly to specify includes/excludes at the directory level but only at the source directory set level (e.g. ‘sourceSets.main.java { include “some/pkg/Foo.java” }’).