Eclipse Directory Structure Question

Hey guys,

I’ve got 3 projects

• MovieLibrary_Gradle

• settings.gradle

• build.gradle - MovieLibrary_WAR

• build.gradle - MovieLibrary_EJB

• build.gradle

I want the Gradle project to call the build.gradle scripts in the WAR and EJB projects. I set up the Gradle project because I wanted an easy way to manage the gradle files (editing, project checkout from SVN, etc). I am having a problem referencing these WAR and EJB projects. I am not getting an error or anything; but if I manually monkey around with build paths in Eclipse and then do ‘gradle eclipseClean eclipse’ I do not see any change after I refresh my projects in Eclipse. That being said if I move my settings/build gradle outside of the Gradle project like this:

• settings.gradle - build.gradle - MovieLibrary_WAR

• build.gradle - MovieLibrary_EJB

• build.gradle

Then it works. But once again, I loose the ability to have the Gradle scripts in a nice neat Eclipse project.

Any ideas?

If you want to use a flat directory layout, you should use ‘includeFlat’ instead of ‘include’ in ‘settings.gradle’. Alternatively, you can use the Eclipse Gradle tooling, which handles hierarchical directory layouts fine.

Thanks for your quick reply Peter, I’ll give that a shot right how. Will post back shortly with my results. Thanks again.

Thanks for the suggestion Peter it worked! So easy once you understand the key words.