Different path in linux and windows using composite build

buildship
eclipse

(Andrea) #1

Hello,
with buildship 2 running a composite build a property in org.eclipse.buildship.core.prefs is changed.
In linux the property connection.project.dir is set to ‘…/mainProject’ instead in windows it’s set to ‘…\mainProject’ .
In my team, we are using both linux and windows and this behavior is very annoying, is there something we can do to fix this behavior?
Thanks

(Stefan Oehme) #2

Hi Andrea,

thanks for pointing this out, we should normalize these separators indeed.

May I ask why you are checking in Eclipse configuration files? The Buildship import wizard will generate them for you, so you can normally add them to your .gitignore

Cheers,
Stefan

(Andrea) #3

I usually deliver Eclipse configuration files because after the first import using Buildship, if I need to change
an important shared property it seems a good way to me.
For example I keep the Gradle wrapper updated at the last version (in buildship 1.0 was 3.1 if I remember) or fixed at a specific version.

(Stefan Oehme) #4

The properties are generated by Buildship on import/refresh, so you don’t need to check them in. Your colleagues just use Import or Refresh Gradle Project to get the correct settings.

I don’t understand this part. Buildship will always use the Gradle wrapper by default, so there is no need to configure anything in the Eclipse preferences.

(Andrea) #5

thanks for clarification