Detecting gradle color settings

(Matt Hauck) #1

I know that some questions have been asked about how to hook into gradle’s color output – but I have not yet seen a question/answer about how to simply detect gradle’s color settings.

I have a test listener that outputs test results more concisely than the built in gradle test events do (it was originally a test listener for testng). I’m trying to get this listener to hook into gradle’s “–no-color” option rather than inventing a new -Dcolor=false system property to turn off color.

Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

(Peter Niederwieser) #2

I don’t understand the question. Are you trying to disable colors for parts of the output? Not sure that’s possible. And how is this related to your listener?

(Matt Hauck) #3

Sorry for not being clear…

I’m trying to detect whether gradle itself is in “color” or “–no-color” mode or not, so that I can adjust my custom test listener to use color or not based on gradle’s color setting.

(Peter Niederwieser) #4

You can detect whether ‘–no-color’ was passed via ‘gradle.startParameter.isColorOutput()’. However, I’m not aware of a public API to determine whether Gradle considers the current terminal to be capable of displaying colors.

(Matt Hauck) #5

Awesome. ‘gradle.startParameter.isColorOutput()’ is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

(kvbnguyen) #6

How can I set gradle.startParameter.isColorOutput() I want to print PASSED: 1 in GREEN and FAILED: 0 in Red, ERRORs: 0 in Organge

(Peter Niederwieser) #7

‘gradle.startParameter.colorOutput’ turns colors on or off. I’m not aware of a way to configure which colors to use.

(kvbnguyen) #8

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I would like to print out the color in the gradle gui output. I’d like to print PASS in Green color and FAIL in Red color and ERROR in Orang.