Dependency locking vs sharing dependency versions

Hello to all!
We’d like to share dependency versions between projects while achieving reproducible builds (at least reusing the same internal dependencies in the builds pointing to the same git commit).

We’ve seen two ways to achieve this:

Which way would you recommend on your side? Among others, is there a method
that will be more supported / have more features in the coming months/years?
We’d like to unrisk the possibility that tools like dependabot)
won’t do work to support both versions in the future.

Both your links are identical, so unsure what you are referring to when you say “sharing static versions”.
Dependency locking is not really to share dependency versions.
It is to lock dependency versions when using dynamic version declarations to gain reproducible builds.
If you want to share dependency versions between different projects, you probably want to look into having a published platform and / or version catalog that you can use in all your projects: Sharing dependency versions between projects

My very bad I fixed the link above (the second one was indeed Sharing dependency versions between projects.

So AFAIU, both features will be supported in the future, as they’re doing different things?

My very bad I fixed the link above

You didn’t, now the second link points to this thread. :smiley:

So AFAIU, both features will be supported in the future, as they’re doing different things?

I’m not working for Gradle, just a user like you, so I don’t know what they plan.
But my crystal ball says yes. :slight_smile: