Configure jar task from java plugin

Hello,

I was using the java plugin and now I need to use the task jar that provides to create an executable from the project itself.

The issue is that I need to customise where is stored the jar file, and I have noticed that It is using the property destinationDirectory to know where to store the file but I can’t set a new value for this property(Jar - Gradle DSL Version 8.0.2)

I have tried in many ways to configure that task through the build.gradle file but I was not able, like this one:
jar{
destinationDirectory.dir(“…/…”)
}

Do anyone knows how to configure the task?
Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks.

Already solved through setting this into the build.gradle file:
jar{
destinationDirectory.set(new File(“…”))
}

Make sure to not have a relative path as argument to new File(...). That would depend on the current working directory and that is not necessarily the project directory. You probably more want something like .set(layout.buildDirectory.dir("foo")).

Yes, It will be better,
thanks