Composite build with test sources

(DC) #1

I have proj2 depending on proj1. proj2 also requires proj1 for test sources because the test classes in proj2 depending on test classes in proj1. I am trying to get this to work using composite build functionality without success.

proj2: settings.gradle
includeBuild file('../proj1/')
proj2: build.gradle
    compile 'app1:proj1:+'
    testCompile 'app1:proj1:+:testArtifacts'
proj1: build.gradle
configurations {
    testArtifacts.extendsFrom testRuntime
}

task testJar(type: Jar) {
    classifier = 'test'
    from sourceSets.test.output
}
artifacts{
    testArtifacts testJar
}

When i try this i get the error in intellij
Error:Can’t parse gradle module dependency ‘DefaultIdeaModuleDependency{scope=‘IdeaDependencyScope{scope=‘COMPILE’}’, targetModuleName=‘proj1’, exported=false}’. Reason: referenced module is null

and this error on the command line

• What went wrong:
    Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ‘:testCompileClasspath’.

Could not find proj1-testArtifacts.jar (app1:proj1:unspecified).

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

Is this possible?

(Lance Java) #2

Whilst not an answer to your question, it’s worth noting that nebula have deprecated their nebula.test-jar plugin for the following reason

We will be removing this functionality in the next major release. We feel it is better to create a project for any shared test harnesses than to try and create an extra jar out of the test classes.

(Stefan Oehme) #3

Composite build does not yet support custom configurations or publications.

(DC) #4

Thanks for your replies. Will support for this be coming? If so do you have a time frame?

(Stefan Oehme) #5

Yes it will come, I don’t have a clear time frame though. Definitely not this year anymore.

(Izek Greenfield) #6

What the status of that?