Compile kotlin failed, I don't know what I'm doing

Hi, I’ve been trying to run a build for a counter strike cheat called rat poison 1.3.3.2 and I’m completely new to anything java or related to it. The instructions said to make sure to install the java JDK dev kit (I installed v12.0.1 and also made sure my java version was up to date) and then just click the build program from the files provided. When I did this, it gave me this error.

I’m really lost from the error I was given. If I left anything out please tell me! Any help is appreciated!

You can download the full Java JDK to build Java applications or just a JRE to run them. The error states that you’re using C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_212, which is an older Java 8 JRE that was likely already installed on your system and not the Java 12.0.1 JDK that you installed for this. The default version of Java used can depend on your system’s PATH or JAVA_HOME.

You can download the full Java JDK to build Java applications or just a JRE to run them. The error states that you’re using C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_212 , which is an older Java 8 JRE that was likely already installed on your system and not the Java 12.0.1 JDK that you installed for this. The default version of Java used can depend on your system’s PATH or JAVA_HOME .

I was actually looking and when I had regular Java uninstalled, the only error message I would get would be related to JAVA_HOME and where it was set. I’ll go try changing JAVA_HOME. Thank you for the help and spotting that I was using jre!