Can't run Gradle on Android Studio

Hello everyone!

I have a problem using Gradle on Android Studio. I’m doing my final degree project and I received an application made in Android Studio, I have instructions to run it in Java 8, using Android Gradle Plugin Version 3.3.0 and Gradle Version 4.10.1, apparently these are values ​​that they don’t want me to change.

The error message I get when building the project is: "Cause: com/android/tools/idea/gradle/run/OutputBuildAction has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
".

From what I understand the project is being compiled using Java 11 and trying to run using Java 8. To fix this problem I have gone to Project Structure, Gradle Settings and selected Gradle JDK version 1.8. I have also tried building the program on Windows, Ubuntu, having only Java 8 or Java 11 installed on my computer, changing the JAVA_HOME environmental variable, but nothing works.

I apologize if my explanation was not very good, English is not my native language and I am new to Android Studio and Gradle. I will give you any information you think is convenient to solve the problem, thanks!

Hard to guess what the problem is exactly as you totally truncated the error.
But basically what you showed means that something is running on Java 8 and tries to use the class com.android.tools.idea.gradle.run.OutputBuildAction which was compiled using Java 11.
Maybe ask the ones that gave you that project what the problem might be. Maybe you use a too new Android Studio version, as they also require ancient version ov everything else?

Hey were you ever able to figure this out?