Buildship 1.0.1 is now available

The first public version of Buildship was released on June 25th, the same time Eclipse Mars was out. Now we are pleased to announce the availability of our first service release, Buildship 1.0.1.

The new release is available at the Eclipse Marketplace or at the eclipse.org update sites. Users with Buildship already installed can automatically update to the latest version.

The list of changes can be found here.

We would like to express our gratitude to all the people who helped us with pull requests, bug reports or with general feedback. We encourage everybody to do this in this forum, or in a form of a new Bugzilla ticket.

2 Likes

I get an exception when accessing the gradle tasks view (eclipse 4.4, buildship 1.0.1, under a proxy)

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.eclipse.buildship.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.buildship.ui.view.task.TaskView

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.buildship.ui (418)

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error starting module.

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/buildship/core/event/EventListener

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.buildship.core (417).

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.buildship.core.CorePlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.buildship.core.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.buildship.core.CorePlugin.logger(CorePlugin.java:217)
at org.eclipse.buildship.core.util.gradle.PublishedGradleVersionsWrapper.create(PublishedGradleVersionsWrapper.java:41)
at org.eclipse.buildship.core.util.gradle.PublishedGradleVersionsWrapper.(PublishedGradleVersionsWrapper.java:34)
at org.eclipse.buildship.core.CorePlugin.createPublishedGradleVersions(CorePlugin.java:151)
at org.eclipse.buildship.core.CorePlugin.registerServices(CorePlugin.java:125)
at org.eclipse.buildship.core.CorePlugin.start(CorePlugin.java:94)

Thanks for spotting it quickly! I did a quickfix and re-released 1.0.1. Can you please update once again and check if the latest version resolves this issue?

OK, both views can be opened without exception

Would by nice to support Scala Nature and Scala Container in the Eclipse Project und Classpath Files
if the build.gradle File contains the Scala Plugin

apply plugin: 'scala'

Needed content in the Eclipse Files:

.project File

<natures>
    <nature>org.scala-ide.sdt.core.scalanature</nature>
</natures>

.classpath File

<classpath>
    <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.scala-ide.sdt.launching.SCALA_CONTAINER"/>
</classpath>

Greeting Roebi

For the time being the primary goal for Buildship is to provide integration for Java projects. It is under our radar to enable import customisations like you suggested but we have no schedule for it yet. I’ve created a ticket in Bugzilla to keep track of this issue.

Hi Roebi. I think there is more to it than just the classpath and project configuration entries. We would also have to populate the scala container with the dependencies, configure the compiler options, etc. - all the things we already (and will) do for Java projects.

This could be a nice PR contribution though if someone wants to pick up that story.

Hi.

We have Projects with more than one Nature.
I.e. Combinations :

• Java and Scala
  • Java and Groovy

Did you have Plans about this too?

We have the story to implement it but nothing is scheduled yet. We want to design carefully how exactly this feature should work. If you have any suggestion or want to follow the progress please use the ticket above.