Building several Multi-Projects with Gradle?

Hello,

I have several Multi-Projects each declaring a settings.xml having into a gradle command “include”. Each gradle build is then automatically run by a TeamCity build engine triggered on Git changes, and so far it works perfect.

But what if I want to use only Gradle to do the same builds as in TeamCity, what would be the best way to go ? How can I chain Multi-Projects together using Gradle ?

It’s not clear to me what you’re trying to achieve. I assume that your builds are ‘chained’ in TeamCity by having the outputs of one build serve as the inputs to the next?

In that case, you would need to replicate what TeamCity is doing for a local build. One option would be to publish artifacts to a local ivy/maven repository, and consume from there.

It will be great when Gradle offers a better solution to this use case; that’s something we’re currently working on.

Thanks for your answers.

I need to chain the build because the multi-projects are dependent of each other through jar libraries. I am starting to build the least dependent library, then level by level the other libraries.

From your answer I understand that their some kind of similar feature being developed.

The temporary solution for me could be to run Gradle from Gradle, do you have any example to do that ?

Check out the User Guide.

I see, sorry I missed this one.

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre