Build openapi for integration test

I have a spring boot app.

Using the org.springdoc.openapi-gradle-plugin I am able to “build” an openapi.json file.

The org.openapi.generator plugin is then able to generate code with the openapi.json file as input.

My goal is to move the following code into a plugin. Currently the sourceSet is hardcoded to integrationTest. Ideally adding a dependency to something would be enough (integrationTestImplementation("somethingProvidedByThePlugin")

The current code works, but I have the impression that it could be improved a lot → constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

// This is where the openapiSpec should be generated.
val openApiSpecDir = layout.buildDirectory
val openApiSpecName = "openapi.json"

afterEvaluate {
    // The generateOpenApiDocs task is created in the plugin in an `afterEvaluate` block.
    val openApiGeneratorTask by tasks.named<OpenApiGeneratorTask>("generateOpenApiDocs") {
        outputDir.set(openApiSpecDir)
        outputFileName.set(openApiSpecName)
        doFirst {
            delete(files(outputDir))
        }
    }
}

openApiGenerate {
    generatorName.set("java")
    inputSpec.set(openApiSpecDir.file(openApiSpecName).map(RegularFile::toString))
    outputDir.set(layout.buildDirectory.dir("openApi").map(Directory::toString))
}

// The openApiGenerateTask creates a complete gradle project.  We are only interested in the source code
val openApiGenerateTask = tasks.named<org.openapitools.generator.gradle.plugin.tasks.GenerateTask>("openApiGenerate")
val openApiSrcTask by tasks.registering(Sync::class) {
    from(openApiGenerateTask)
    include("src/main/java/**")
    eachFile { relativePath = RelativePath(true, *relativePath.segments.drop(3).toTypedArray()) }
    includeEmptyDirs = false
    into(layout.buildDirectory.dir("swagger-code-gen-java"))
}

sourceSets["integrationTest"].java.srcDir(files(openApiSrcTask))

and

dependencies {
    // ...
    integrationTestImplementation(libs.bundles.openapi.codegen)
}