Better build script optimization help in the profile report

Story: As a build engineer I would like to see more details in the Gradle profile report

So that I can optimize my build

The current report only gives me an overview of where to look for the problem with a slow script.

I would like to see more details like:

• applying the plugin NNN to X subprojects took Y milliseconds.

• downloading buildscript components took Z milliseconds This would help us understand Gradle deeper and to create great build scripts.

Ditto. The more plugins we write, the more we’re potentially slowing down the build.

In the same boat would be being able to show a dependency report for buildscript’s classpath configuration. It’s current a blackhole of what is going on in the buildscript.

Lately I’ve been working on a visualization and analytics utility for Gradle builds that I think could be helpful for some of your needs - initial version published at https://github.com/electriccommunity/electricaccelerator/tree/master/GradleAnnotationGenerator

This is the data generation part which produces annotation files that can be opened with ElectricInsight for very powerful build visualization, analytics and diagnostics.