Ant functionalities in Gradle

I am trying to compile and build a Java project for the very first time in Gradle and I am not able to achieve a few things.
Initially, I wrote an Ant xml to do the Jar creation for my project but I would now shift to Gradle. And I would like to know how to provide the following Ant functionalities in Gradle:

// build.xml from Ant
<project >

<property environment="env"/>

<property name="build.compiler" value="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>
<target name="make">
<javac>
// defines srcs and other related arguments
		<classpath>
		<fileset dir="/data/products/libs/">
			<include name="**/*.jar"/>

</fileset>
		</classpath>
		<compilerarg compiler="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter" line="-1.8"/>
</javac>
</target>

Next is the build.gradle file

//build.gradle 
apply plugin: 'java'

sourceSets {
define the sources
}
dependencies {
	compile files ('/data/products/libs/**/*.jar')
}

sourceCompatibility = 1.8
targetCompatibility = 1.8

jar {
	baseName = 'nsvf'
}

I am not sure how I can set the compiler args in Gradle like how I did in Ant. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi Ganesh,

In order to configure the java compiler arguments, you need to configure them through the options property of compileJava task. See this documentation.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. However, I am unable to find out how to make Gradle use the JDTCompiler. In ant, I used the JDTCompilerAdapter using the following Ant commands:

<property name="build.compiler" value="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>

So, how do I set this in Gradle? I cannot quite solve it by reading the options property in the DSL Reference.

This is a very good question Ganesh and I don’t think I have an answer for it. Maybe @bmuschko can pitch in an idea to answer this question?

AFAIK it’s not supported natively. This post describes a workaround.