2.8-rc-1 regression related to Grgit plugin

Unfortunately, I was unable to repro, even after the wait (the wait was part of the repro formula that had worked at least once for @sterling). As discussed above, I’ll move this to a separate thread and we can pick it up from there.

@erdi which JDK are you using?

@sterling On my private machine it’s:

Erdi’s MacBook Pro:~ erdi$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_40"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-b25)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.40-b25, mixed mode) 

I will let you know about the version on the work machine on which the error also occurs in the morning of BST when I get into the office. It’s also 1.8 but I don’t know which update exactly, most probably a newer one than u40 because we’ve installed it recently.

Thanks!

When it happens again, can you put this in the build script (before the plugins are applied):

println Grgit.metaClass.static.methodMissing

Is it something non-null?

OK… I think I found a weird coincidence.

What kind of tasks do you run the first time you run the build (that starts the daemon)? Do you run anything that uses an IsolatedAntBuilder (e.g., checkstyle)?

If I’m correct assuming that the Codenarc task utilizes IsolatedAntBuilder then it’s highly probable if not certain that I’m running something that uses an IsolatedAntBuilder as part of the first build executed in a fresh daemon because we have Codenarc plugin applied and I usually run check on that particular project.

It’s this on Ubuntu:

ew@ew-pc-3:~$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode)

Guys, an update on this: the issue is now so frequent that we got tired of stopping our daemons all the time and reverted back to 2.7.

Thanks for the help, we’ve been able to reproduce it. Cedric’s trying some things out.

@erdi can you try with the new RC? Gradle 2.8-rc-2 is now available for testing

Thanks!

Already done that. :smile:

I will let you know if we hit the issue again or not by tomorrow afternoon.

I take your silence to be a good sign. :smile:

We’re planning a 2.8 final release tomorrow (Tue)

Yeah, not hearing from me was indeed a good sign.

Sorry for the radio silence, when things work you simply forget about it and when they don’t then you moan. :wink:

I see that Daz has already released 2.8 which means that I did not delay anything, awesome.