The name 'aaa/bbb' contains at least one of the following characters: [ , /, \, :, <, >, ", ?, *, |]. This has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 5.0

I was running a multi-project build, and i have a sub-project in aaa/bbb folder, then i got the following error, so what should we do? The sub-project can only be placed in the root folder in Gradle 5.0?

The name ‘aaa/bbb’ contains at least one of the following characters: [ , /, , :, <, >, ", ?, *, |]. This has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 5.0

The include method takes a logical path separated by colons, like aaa:bbb. Using slashes was never intended. The physical path is inferred from the logical path automatically by replacing the colons with slashes. It can be adjusted by setting the projectDir property.

Thanks for correcting :slight_smile:

Now that the use of / is removed and results in an error, is there anyway to exclude the directory which contains subprojects from being treated as a project module themselves?
This (old) thread had suggested the use of / for that purpose.

I know there a way to set projectDir for the projects in the settings.gradle, but that seems to make the file unnecessarily complex if we have many non-module directories containing subprojects.