Test failures building on Windows

Just started tinkering with the Gradle source, hope to contribute some day, but would like to get a stable environment first and am running into a couple of test failures. Setup is Windows 7 (32-bit) running Java 6.

The first, at https://gist.github.com/4440007, is repeatable. Thought maybe my firewall was blocking the server running on localhost for this test (I only vaguely understand what it’s doing), but that didn’t seem to help.

The second failure, https://gist.github.com/4440010, is an erratic one, coming and going.

Interesting, I’m getting the first one also (on ArchLinux)

Thanks, I figured it was something specific about my environment, especially since the CI jobs are clean.

The repeatable problem (https://gist.github.com/4440007) goes away when I move from a machine with one or two physical to four physical cores.

As far as I’m concerned this can be “closed” (it was a fluke that I was running on such an underpowered machine), though it would be nice if the test checked and failed with a descriptive error if this precondition isn’t met.