Rational Team Concert Integration issues with Buildship

This looks very promising. This morning I loaded a workspace in RTC modified the .project files and checked in the changes and then deleted it from Eclipse but left the files on disk. I was able to then run the import and after that all of the folders showed up as ignored but all of them were mark Derived so after changing the properties on these - I could make a change and have it show up.

One thing that I see that is different now in the newer version is that F5 doesn’t cause Gradle to refresh but does just a project refresh which I think is good. I did test doing a Gradle Project Refresh and this caused all of the folders to show up as Derived again. So I would like to know what are the circumstances in which we would need to do a Refresh on the Gradle project as opposed to just a project refresh.
The master module .project now looks like the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <projectDescription> <name>powersuitefx-master-module</name> <comment>Project powersuitefx-master-module created by Buildship.</comment> <projects> </projects> <buildSpec> <buildCommand> <name>org.eclipse.buildship.core.gradleprojectbuilder</name> <arguments> </arguments> </buildCommand> </buildSpec> <natures> <nature>org.eclipse.buildship.core.gradleprojectnature</nature> </natures> </projectDescription>

I can also see for each of the subprojects that it is modifying the .classpath and adding in <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.8"/>

Sorry if I’m repeating myself, but are you using 1.0.13? What you describe sounds like 1.0.11 or 1.0.12

Yes, we also found that separating the two is more usable. You can create a keybinding for the Gradle Refresh in the preferences if you want.

That is expected. It adds the correct execution environment based on the sourceCompatibility you set in your build.gradle file. Make sure you have set that, otherwise it will default to whatever JVM you happen to run on :slight_smile:

Here is the version from the workspace that I used. Yesterday when you commented on the stacktrace was indeed in the wrong workspace since I had been doing other work in the working version.

I made sure to close out all other running eclipse instances and this was the only one I have been working in.

I can’t reproduce this locally. I created a multi-project build and imported it. I also ran the refresh again just to be sure. The subprojects are not marked as derived.

Buildship only marks the build folder and the .gradle folder as derived.

Can you try out a minimal example project?

I’ll look into this with a small project with just one or two subs and let you know. Would you possibly be available for a brief webex on Monday if we still have issues?

Thanks again for your assistance. When do you think this version of buildship will be released and not just a milestone?

The release is on Monday. I think a quick chat will make this easier, yes. I’ll get in touch via email.

Hi Stefan,

I did have the same issue with a smaller multi-project build when using the milestone for .13. This morning I did just try this with the .14 release and the subprojects are NOT marked as derived.

I will test this shortly with my other project and let you know. Thanks again and hopefully we will not need to have a call or webex.

Thanks,

Jeremy

I did just run through this with our other projects and with .14, nothing shows up as derived. I am able to make a change and have it show up correctly under RTC as a pending change and everything looks correct. Thank you for your assistance in everything. Might need to get back in touch with the automated build portion but I think we are set for now.

Hi Jeremy,

I’m glad it works for you now, although 1.0.14 changed nothing in that area. I’ll investigate whether something is wrong with our milestone builds, just to be sure.

Cheers,
Stefan