List known issues for RCs

Would it be possible to have RC release notes list the known issues that have been fixed between the RC and the next / or GA build?

The fixed issues section of the release notes already contains the issues that were fixed leading up to the current build, including those from the previous RC builds. For 4.4 rc-2, the top two were fixed since rc-1:

Fixed issues

30 issues have been fixed in Gradle 4.4.

[#3589] - 4.4-rc-1 regression: NullPointerException with shadow plugin 1.2.4
    [#3576] - Unable to resolve version for dependency 'org.springframework:spring-core:jar

The fixed issues are dynamic though, so they always reflect the issues fixed in the latest build of the version (rc-1 release notes now also reflect what was fixed in rc-2). Edit: Plus they don’t include the PRs/commits that aren’t issues.

Perhaps you’re really wanting a separate section or an additional field like what version each issue was closed or originally opened against?

I think it would be a good idea to more clearly distinguish issues fixed in specific RC in release notes.

In the meantime, you can always check it on GitHub. For example, here are the issues addressed in 4.4 RC2: https://github.com/gradle/gradle/milestone/51?closed=1.

I meant that going to the 4.4-rc-1 page, the “Known Issues” section is empty.
What I would expect is that it lists the issues that are impacting the 4.4-rc-1 and are fixed in RC-2, RC-3, etc.

The actual GA release does not need to mention these issues, unless they impact previous GA releases.

That said, thank you for explaining how can I find the info I need using the existing docs.