Ignore subproject with application plugin

I have a project that contains many subprojects, which are plugins for the main core part. One of these subprojects is the launcher for the program, as it’s not essential to the core, or for any other program to use it.

I have two projects that are built like this, and I would like to be able to publish/grab the subprojects from JitPack, to use in the other.

However, when I go to publish either project, using this method (the example is from a different project as I haven’t pushed it, but it’s the exact same as this), it gets stumped on the launcher project, with the following error:

An exception occurred applying plugin request [id: ‘application’]
> Failed to apply plugin [class ‘com.github.jengelman.gradle.plugins.shadow.ShadowApplicationPlugin’] > Could not get unknown property ‘provider’ for ArchivePublishArtifact_Decorated launcher:jar:jar:sources of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.publish.ArchivePublishArtifact.

This means I can’t publish either of these projects. I’m lost on how to solve this, but I think the solutions are to either ignore the launcher subproject or fix that error somehow.