How to import c project into androrid studio

I have an working project written in C. It compiles and produces an image just fine. It has make files in it. Now I want to import the same project into an android studio project. I know how make works; about dependencies and few other attributes. I want to know how I should update build.gradle file to include the C project. I basically copied all the C files into the JNI, Java Native Interface, folder I built. I know the JNI portion works fine; I tested it by importing a function from a test main.c file into my android project. After importing or copying of my C files into the JNI folder I get an error from make saying:

Error:Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugNdk'.
> com.android.ide.common.internal.LoggedErrorException: Failed to run command:
    /home/sansari/ndk/android-ndk-r10d/ndk-build NDK_PROJECT_PATH=null APP_BUILD_SCRIPT=/home/sansari/AndroidStudioProjects/NDKSample/app/build/intermediates/ndk/debug/Android.mk APP_PLATFORM=android-21 NDK_OUT=/home/sansari/AndroidStudioProjects/NDKSample/app/build/intermediates/ndk/debug/obj NDK_LIBS_OUT=/home/sansari/AndroidStudioProjects/NDKSample/app/build/intermediates/ndk/debug/lib APP_ABI=all
  Error Code:
  Output:
    make: *** No rule to make target '/home/sansari/AndroidStudioProjects/NDKSample/app/build/intermediates/ndk/debug/obj/local/arm64-v8a/objs/myLib//home/sansari/AndroidStudioProjects/NDKSample/app/src/main/jni/tools/arm-eabi-4.7/lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.7/crtn.o', needed by '/home/sansari/AndroidStudioProjects/NDKSample/app/build/intermediates/ndk/debug/obj/local/arm64-v8a/libmyLib.so'.
Stop.

Do I need to modify or delete the original make files in the C project?