How to fail/stop task immediately if dependency jar file classes compile with old java version?
if Gradle has not this feature , is it good way do this with jenking?
e.g: after build completed jenking extract ear file after that jar files, then find all versions that classes complied with.
In a class file, bytes at offset 5&6 specify major version and 4&5 specify minor version.
is it possible to define failed condition with Gradle or Jenkings to monitor this version and stop it?
Yes, you can add a task to the task graph which
- loops through the jars in all the configurations
- take a sample class file from each jar
- take bytes 4-7 from the class file
- compare against the accepted minimum (ByteBuffer.getInt() can help here)
- fail if below accepted minimum version