How can I publish an existing plugin jar to the plugin portal?

Hi! Sorry, I was on leave and just got back today.

You should be able to add the javadoc jar to the archives configuration. See the user guide for details on how to do that, but it will probably look something like:

artifacts {
    archives javadoc // assuming using the default javadoc task
}

This is a known issue. In the meantime, I have updated the description manually for now, but don’t have access to the tags used when publishing the latest version. Let me know here if you need them changed.

Regards

Tom

Thank you for updating the description Tom.

Here are the new tags: ‘boxfuse’, ‘deployment’, ‘continuousdelivery’, ‘continuousdeployment’, ‘immutableinfrastructure’, ‘spring-boot’, ‘dropwizard’, ‘tomcat’, ‘tomee’, ‘aws’, ‘virtualbox’, ‘zerodowntime’

Could you replace the old ones with these?

Is there a public issue tracker for the publishing plugin where I could track progress on the description/tag overwrite feature request?

I tried adding the javadoc jar using:

dependencies {
    downloaded  "com.boxfuse.client:boxfuse-gradle-plugin:1.11.6.735"
    downloaded  "com.boxfuse.client:boxfuse-gradle-plugin:1.11.6.735:javadoc"
}

apply plugin: "com.gradle.plugin-publish"
apply plugin: 'maven'

configurations.archives.artifacts.clear()
artifacts {
    archives configurations.downloaded.resolve()[0]
    archives configurations.downloaded.resolve()[1]
}

However that results in the plugin failing to get published with the error:
Artifact [group: gradle.plugin.com.boxfuse.client, artifactId: client,version: 1.11.6.735, classifier: None, extension: jar] has already been published

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Done.

https://issues.gradle.org/browse/GRADLE-3358

We don’t allow republishing versions, due to them ending up in people’s caches. Does it happen if you bump the version number?

Regards

Tom

Thank you Tom.

That error message came the first time that version was deployed. My guess is that the server-side check probably ignore the classifier.