Gradle 2.9 Windows vs Linux produce different results

Odd behavior in Windows vs. Linux:

I have a multi project and produces multiple jars (one per submodule) … using the jFrog artifactory plugin to publish the jars…

This is new - I have not seen this before v2.9 but I cannot verify it at the moment…

Using gradle wrapper v2.9… cloned the same branch onto Linux (CentOS) and Windows (10-64bit):

./gradlew artifactoryPublish

results in two different sets of module being published… on Windows only the depepdency jar is published, in Linux all modules are published.

There is no OS specific code in any of the gradle build scripts. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks.

This could potentially be an issue with the artifactory plugin. Is the artifactoryPublish task being executed for all subprojects on both OSs?

Yes … [ I also tried both 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 version of the plugin ]

buildscript {
    repositories {
        maven { url 'http://artifactory:8081/artifactory/vLib' }
    }
    dependencies {
        classpath 'org.jfrog.buildinfo:build-info-extractor-gradle:3.1.2'
    }
}

allproject {
    apply plugin: 'com.jfrog.artifactory-upload'
}

artifactoryPublish.skip = true

subprojects {
    artifactoryPublish.skip = false
}

artifactory {
    .... [ setup ]....
}

The base module has no functionality hence, the skip.

Ok … I got both systems to act the same by deleting both of their .gradle/caches directories.
At least both systems fail to upload all jars.

The fix was to actually to turn off parallel-processing from ~/.gradle/gradle.properties

#org.gradle.parallel=true

That is interesting. So are you saying that the artifactory plugin works with parallel enabled on Linux but not Windows?

Hi Mark,

No by deleting the ~/.gradle/caches directory I got both of them to act exactly the same – both were not uploading all of the modules.

After getting both to act the same, turning off the parallels fixed both. So it was a two folded problem.

Aram