Cannot deserialize Gradle distribution string '.' when creating new Gradle build in Buildship/Eclipse

Hi,

I’ve cloned a Git repository successfully in Eclipse Neon. I’ve installed Buildship Gradle 2.0.1 into Eclipse and restarted. When I try to Create a New Gradle Run Configuration I get the following error:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details. Cannot deserialize Gradle distribution string ‘.’.

No Console output is generated. I’m not sure where the Buildship error log is written.

This multiproject build and our current settings work on 5 other Developer desktops running Eclipse Neon and Buildship 2.0. Is something different about 2.0.1?

Looks like I’ve definitely tripped over a bug in Buildship 2.0.1. When I rolled back manually to 2.0.0. The problem disappears and the projects build successfully. This appears in Neon.3 Release (4.6.3) and Buildship 2.0.1.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the report. It is a problem in Buildship, we’ll fix it soon. You can track the progress here: https://github.com/eclipse/buildship/issues/438