Can you convert a configuration into a fileset?

(richard murray) #1

Can you convert a configuration into a fileset?

I’m using OneJar (by calling the Ant task for OneJar - see below). The fileset’s are picking up jars from a local ‘lib’ directory.

This is working great, but I am in the process of removing jars from local lib directories and using Apache Ivy. So I’d like to

pick up these jars using a configuration e.g. fileset (configurations.oneJarLibs.getAllArtifactFiles())

Is anything like this possible? Or do I need a separate step to copy the JAR’s from the configuration into a local directory?

ant.taskdef(name: 'oneJar', classname: 'com.simontuffs.onejar.ant.OneJarTask', classpath: "$projectDir/one-jar-ant-task-0.96.jar")

ant.oneJar(destfile: "$buildDir/libs/OrchardOpenAdaptor.jar") {

main(manifest: "manifest.mf") {

fileset(dir: sourceSets.main.classesDir)

}

lib() {

fileset( dir: "${project(':uwm/core').libsDir}", includes : "core_client.jar")

//I want to replace this with a configuration and get the JAR's from Ivy

fileset( dir: "$rootDir/../uwm/lib", includes: "openadaptor.jar, regexp.jar, commons-net.jar, fscontext.jar")

}

}  

(Luke Daley) #2

Hi Rich,

For future reference, if you use code instead of pre to wrap code blocks in this forum you will get cool syntax highlighting for the code snippet.

(richard murray) #3

Hi Luke, thanks for the formatting tip.

For anyone interested I couldn’t get the ant fileset to work with the files from a configuration, so I ended up temporarily copying the jars into a directory then using that directory for the fileset.

If anyone has a better way please let me know!

task copyJars(type: Copy) {
       from configurations.oneJarLibs.files
       into 'runtimeLibs'
   }
                 task oneJar(dependsOn: [copyTimestampFile, copyJars]) << {
       ant.taskdef(name: 'oneJar', classname: 'com.simontuffs.onejar.ant.OneJarTask', classpath: "$projectDir/one-jar-ant-task-0.96.jar")
       ant.oneJar(destfile: "$buildDir/libs/OrchardOpenAdaptor.jar") {
           main(manifest: "manifest.mf") {
               fileset(dir: sourceSets.main.classesDir)
           }
                      lib {
               fileset ( dir: "${project(':uwm/core').libsDir}", includes : "core_client.jar")
                                      fileset ( dir: 'runtimeLibs')
                                                            }
       }

(Merlyn Albery-Speyer) #4

This wasn’t your original question, Rich. But I’ve written a onejar plugin for my own purposes that’s shared on github:

https://github.com/curious-attempt-bunny/gradle-onejar

Apart from the github repository declaration (which would be improved by GRADLE-1653) and the apply plugin line, this is all you then need in your build script:

task oneJar(type: OneJar) {
 mainClass = 'com.curiousattemptbunny.onejar.ExampleMain'
}

(richard murray) #5

Adam, thanks! Just what I needed.

Merlyn thanks for the link to your plug-in, I’ll try it out. Can you specify a configuration for the jars or does it just use the runtime configuration by default?

(Merlyn Albery-Speyer) #6

Hey Rich,

The configuration defaults to project.configurations.runtime. You should be able to override the default by setting the “runtime” properly, although I haven’t tested it:

task oneJar(type: OneJar) {
    runtime = configurations.someOtherConfig
    mainClass = 'com.curiousattemptbunny.onejar.ExampleMain'
}

Cheers, Merlyn

(Luke Daley) #7

Configuration objects are actually FileCollections.

http://gradle.org/current/docs/javadoc/org/gradle/api/artifacts/Configuration.html

So you just need:

task copyJars(type: Copy) {
  from configurations.oneJarLibs
  into 'runtimeLibs'
}

This has some added advantages of using the files property of configuration in that it delays resolution of the configuration until the latest possible time.

(Adam Murdoch) #8

Gradle’s FileCollection type, which Configuration extends, have an addToAntBuilder() method:

ant.someTask {

configurations.someConfig.addToAntBuilder(ant, 'fileset', FileCollection.AntType.FileSet)  }  

This will add a ‘fileset’ element of (Ant) type FileSet, which contains the files of the configurations.